Woodward, Okla. — Pearl Louisa Amelia (Dieringer) White was born February 11, 1928, to Frank and Louisa (Billeck) Dieringer in Freyburg, Texas. She was the 11th child out of 14 children. Pearl was welcomed into her Lord’s arms on Sunday, January 13, 2013. She was 84 years, and 11 months old.
Pearl attended Abbott’s Grove School, to which she walked 3 miles to and from each day. While growing up, Pearl worked alongside her family by helping neighbors and friends with farm work. In the fall of 1946, Pearl left Freyburg and went to San Antonio, Texas, to work for a Jewish family caring for their 7 year old daughter. It was in San Antonio that Pearl met the love of her life. She and Raymond were married in San Antonio on May 12, 1947. In September of 1947, Raymond was discharged from the Military Police, and he and Pearl moved to Vici, Oklahoma. At first they stayed with Raymond’s parents while remodeling a house. After moving into their home, they shared the house with a man and his daughter. They lived in two rooms of the house and shared the bath. It was here that their first two children, Leslie and Vera, were born. Later they purchased a two story house and moved it to Vici. They lived in this home for 30 years. In this home their next two children, Vayda and Larry, were born.
Raymond started White’s Salvage to support his family. Pearl worked alongside Raymond in this business. In the summer of 1955 Raymond and Pearl and their young family went to Naylor, Missouri, to help two young preachers preach the Gospel and establish a church. Raymond purchased another salvage yard while there to support the White family and the families of the preachers. Many people were baptized and a Church of the Firstborn was built that summer. The Whites then returned to Vici. In 1958 Raymond and Pearl bought the Sutton Hotel which they managed for several years. During this time they also bought the Scottish Inn and turned it into a nursing home where around a dozen patients were cared for. They managed the nursing home until the Town of Vici built the Vici Nursing Home. In 1980, they retired and turned the salvage over to their son Larry.