- VIDEOS: Firefighters kept busy into the night by grass fire
- VIDEO: Pound pups
VIDEO: Concrete panels go up at conference center
The first walls are going up at the Woodward Conference Center as a crane lifts 70,000-pound concrete panels into place to form the main exhibit hall.
Huge grass fire near Harmon believed to have been started by flat tire
“From what I understand a (semi) truck had a flat tire and the rubber (from the tire) flew out into the field and started the fire,” Bill Phillips, Sharon fire chief said, noting the fire started around 2 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
According to reports, the fire was approximately 3 miles across at its widest and 12 to 15 miles long and burned roughly 15,000 to 30,000 acres.
- VIDEO: City manager talks about legislation and budget
- VIDEO: City Manager gives brief conference center update
VIDEO: WFD works to put out tire fire
Click to watch videos from the scene of a tire fire south of Woodward, near the intersection of N/S 206 and SE Highway 270.
Rise in world tensions leads to rise at pumps
According to information from AAA Oklahoma, with gas prices ranging from $3.19 to $325 a gallon for regular unleaded Thursday, Woodward County gas prices are above the state average of $3.17.
- VIDEO: City Commission votes on Boiling Springs Golf Course lease
- VIDEO: Structure fire in 1400 block of 5th St. (2/21/11)
- More Multimedia Headlines