Video: NASA lands car-sized rover on Mars; engineers celebrate
NASA's most advanced Mars rover Curiosity landed on the Red Planet late Sunday, after "seven minutes of terror" at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory where scientists monitored the craft’s dangerous descent through the planet’s atmosphere. After the one-ton rover touched down at 10:32 p.m. PT, the control room erupted in cheers. The landing ends a 36-week flight and begins a two-year investigation into whether Mars’ environment can support life.
VIDEOS: 2011 Fall Follies
Videos of some of the acts at the 2011 Fall Follies event to benefit the Woodward Education Foundation.
- VIDEOS: 4th of July kids games at Crystal Beach Park
VIDEOS: Extreme Monster Truck Nationals
Videos of car-crushing action from Saturday's monster truck event at Crystal Beach Stadium.
VIDEO: Chainsaw carving
Oklahoma chainsaw artist Tom Zimmer carves out the details for a hound dog statue, cut from a catalpa wood stump.
- VIDEOS: June 11 storm
- VIDEO: City manager and commissioners talk about busy summer for city
- VIDEO: Victim extricated from truck that slammed into tree
- VIDEO: City manager talks budget, recognizes Woodward schools
- VIDEO: Pros vs. students in dodgeball tournament
- More Multimedia Headlines
- Video: NASA lands car-sized rover on Mars; engineers celebrate