Woodward, Okla. —
WOODWARD SENIOR CENTER
1. The Woodward Senior Center has been serving seniors in the area since 1972 and has been in its present building at 13th Street and Downs Avenue since 1981.
2. The senior center provides a place for seniors to have a warm meal ay lunch Monday through Friday at a low cost. And on the third Thursday of each month, the center hosts a birthday dinner, complete with a delicious potluck meal, entertainment and a time to honor everyone who has had a birthday that month.
3. The center also offers those 55 and over the opportunity to socialize and stay active through a number of activities from Friday night dances and Tai Chi classes to choir practice and card games, including bridge, pitch, and canasta.
4. Other services provided include having a shed full of medical equipment to loan out to seniors such as wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs and canes.
5. Former director Brigetta Wilson now offers health insurance counseling at the center on Mondays and Fridays to help seniors determine which Medicare plan and supplements would be right for them and if one qualifies for the “Extra Help” program.