Woodward, Okla. —
While no action was taken regarding Hayes' presentation, city commissioners did act on a number of other items during Monday's meeting. The city board approved the following:
• a bid from Cline Consolidated Industries, Inc. in the amount of $107,310 for 2 sewer line extension projects. One project is along 48th St. and Oil Patch Dr.-to serve oil field businesses in that area- and the second is along Lakeview Dr. south of Downs Ave.-to serve homes and businesses in that area;
• FY 2014 renewal of the lease agreement with Panhandle Nutrition Services for use of the kitchen and dining room at the Woodward Senior Center for its senior meal program;
• selecting Eagle View Golf to design a new miniature golf course for Crystal Beach Park and giving City Manager Alan Riffel permission to proceed with the use of city resources and a contract with Eagle View Golf to construct the new course by this summer;
• a concessionaire agreement with K&T Catering to provide food and beverage concessions for scheduled events and special events at the Crystal Beach Sports and Events Complex (this is separate from the city's agreement with K&T Catering for concessions at the Aquatics Center);
• a mowing agreement with Uncle Bill's Lawn Care Service in the amount of $1,580 every 10 to 12 days for mowing 9 different areas around Woodward throughout the summer;
• a request from Boiling Springs State Park to dig a water well east of the park office to be used for irrigation purposes; and
• a bid from Cleary Building Corporation in the amount of $219,300 for a new 60-foot by 100-foot maintenance building with 12-foot outdoor lean-to for the Boiling Springs Golf Course to replace the old maintenance building that burned down last July. A portion of the cost of the new building will be offset by a $90,000 insurance payment for the loss of the old building.
Also during the April 15 city board meeting, City Manager Alan Riffel made some comments about the anniversary of the 2012 Woodward Tornado. Click below to watch a video of his comments.