- Puffinbarger planning to serve school, community. Arnett Public Schools has a new face in the superintendent’s office this year.
- Five bands set to perform Saturday. Woodward will rock Saturday when Concert at the Clock 2 unfolds in the 9th and Texas parking lot..
- Startin’ Strong at Westwood. The first day of school at Westwood Early Childhood Center looked a little different than most first days.
- Bringing back ‘the old days’ Larry Daugherty remembers the days of old fashioned manual labor. And it sure didn’t involve big shiny tractors.
- Students, teachers now have ID badges. Woodward students will be just a nameless face in the crowd when they return to school Friday.
- Coburn discusses several issues at stop in Woodward. U. S. Sen. Tom Coburn was in Woodward on Wednesday for one of several town hall meetings he has planned across the state.
- Problems bring end to skating in parking lot. Skating in the parking lot at 9th and Texas parking will cease effective Sept. 1.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in Rice case. A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in connection with the 2003 death of a Buffalo baby who died from a lethal dose of oxycodone.
- Main Street Festival set Saturday evening. Main Street in Woodward will be full of activity Saturday evening with the first Main Street Festival going from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
From first house to final house Ogdens part of Concord Lane
R.K. Ogden drove the first nail.
His son will drive the last.
When Jimmy Ogden hammers the final nail into the house he is building on Concord Lane, everything will come full circle after 45 years. R.K. built the first house in the South Downs housing addition and son Jimmy is building the last.